Monday, April 21, 2014

Work Outfit

Hello Lovelies!

So as I mentioned in my last post, I have just started an office internship. Seeing as I need to dress more formally than before, I have been looking for work wear that is still fun and bright. Unfortunately, I haven't found anything like that so here is my take on work wear for younger people.

Today was about 55 degrees F and there was a chance of showers so I donned a hooded raincoat over my dress and tights.


My jacket is a navy blue raincoat from Jigsaw London. My bag is from H&M.

Dresses are always nice in the work place; they look formal and are comfortable when you're sitting at a desk all day. However, one has to make sure the dress is long enough and covers your chest well. A good rule of thumb for the office is just above the knee and no cleavage. This dress was a little bit shorter than I would usually wear to work, and it was colder today, so I wore a pair of tights to solve both problems. I finished my work look with a pair of black flats. Seeing as I take the bus to work and have a few blocks to walk, flats are very practically. They are also formal, conservative, and will always be acceptable in the office.


My dress is beige with a navy stripe on the side and a built-in belt and it is from Forever 21. My tights are classic black tights from J Crew, although any tights will do. And my shoes are black ballet flats (I think they're called Cece) also from J Crew.

Hope you all enjoyed this! Like and comment if you'd like me to keep posting these; I should be posting a new lipstick review later in the week.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment